We represent a number of Insurance Companies that write Automobile Insurance. As an Independent Agent we have a unique advantage to "shop" your insurance for you and match the best price with the best coverage available for your specific needs. As your agent we will represent you and act as your representative in all company matters.
Insurance rates are not the same for every customer -- did you know 92% of all insurance companies use your credit "score" to determine the rate you pay? A variety of factors are evaluated to determine fair and accurate rates.
The following is a list of other factors that will be used to price your automobile protection:
- The limits of liability you chose.
Liability coverage pays for bodily injury and/or property damage to others. It will also pay for the legal costs to defend you.
If your liability limits are too low, you may not have enough coverage if you have an accident. You could end-up paying for the difference and it could literally bankrupt you.
- Whether you cover your vehicle for damage or not. There are two basic coverages for damage to your vehicle. They are comprehensive and collision coverage. Comprehensive coverage pays for fire, theft, vandalism, glass breakage and collision with an animal. Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if you collide with another object. Each of these coverages has a deductible ( an amount of the loss that you pay out of pocket). Typical deductibles are $10, $250, or $500. You can choose no deductible for glass breakage.
On older vehicles, you may not want either coverage because the replacement value of your vehicle is too low.
- Your driving record. The better your driving record ( motor vehicle violations and accidents), the better your insurance price.
- The age of the drivers. Young unmarried drivers pay higher insurance rates. Driver training and good grades can lower these rates.
- Where you live. City dwellers pay more than rural drivers.
- Use of your vehicle. Vehicles used for pleasure use are cheaper to insure than vehicles used for long commutes to work every day.
- Multi-policy credit. Many insurance companies will give you a discount on your automobile and homeowners policies if they are both written through them.
Give us a call or e-mail us to get a quote on your automobile insurance.
“We've been with L.Bissell
& Son for 37 years and the service is wow.”
- C. Margiotta